Friday 15 August 2008

Is the SAP world about to get smaller......?

This week I have heard not just rumours about SAP focussed businesses withdrawing from the UK, but counter-rumours (those that say "NO! we are not pulling out but did you know that such and such are ......?"). I can confirm that neither the original target NOR the counter target for this speculation are leaving the SAP UK market.
However, one smaller european company is packing its bags and returning to its european base as it has found the SAP market in the UK too hard and chewing up too much of its heard earned resources to enable it to continue!
I think there is about to be another round of consolidation where the small and medium SAP service suppliers who will find it harder and harder to find new projects, will get snapped up by the big guys who need more innovation, focus and USP's.
As for the big guys; maybe its just me, but I can see nothing in their offerings that differentiate them, are SAP Services now completely commoditised?
Anyway back to helping my clients build value-propositions that we can take to our ever growing CIO network......
Have a good weekend!

No comments: